Though Indian users had a fair share of Windows Phone devices courtesy the release of some Windows Phones like HTC Mozart, HD7, Dell’s Venue Pro, WP7 users in India are yet to get official Windows Phone Marketplace to download and buy apps to their device.
One of the alternative to access the Marketplace is to use the US Based Live ID to register as the Primary Account for the Marketplace so that they can access the Marketplace as a US User or a little bit of tweaking in the Windows Registry would do the trick for you.
How to enable Windows Phone Marketplace for India
So if you are having a India based Live Account and not able to see the Marketplace option from PC you would be able to access the Marketplace with ease with this registry tweak.
Normal India based account users see these options in the Zune PC client ,you can clearly see that the Marketplace option is missing from the available options menu.
Follow these Steps to enable the Marketplace on your Zune.
1. Hit WindowsKey+R to get the Run Window.
2. Type regedit in the window and hit Enter.
3. Browse to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Zune\Features .
4. In the Data field of Apps, Marketplace and SignInAvailable you’ll see the current supported Marketplace Countries like AU, US, CH, DE etc.
5. Double Click on the Apps and append IN in the list of available countries and do the same for the other 2 options i.e Marketplace and SignInAvailable.
6. Now Restart the Zune PC client and now you’ll see the Marketplace option visible on the Client with the prices of apps and games in INR 😀