Even if the experience of an Android smartphone maybe good on a Stock ROM, there is always an itch to customize to suit your own needs. One of the basic customization that most of the people like to do is to set their desired ringtone on the phone. Earlier we had posted an article on how you can set custom ringtone on Windows Phone device. The method works pretty much similar on Android and is one of the easiest method to set your own ringtone on your Android device.
How to set your own custom Ringtone on Android Device
1. Connect your Android device as a mass storage device using the USB cable provided.
2. After the phone is detected by computer, browse to the phone’s filesystem with File Explorer in Windows or any file manager under Linux/Mac device.
3. Create a new folder named “Ringtones” (if not present already) and paste your custom ringtone file into “Ringtones” folder.
4. Now safely remove the USB android device and let media scanner run on the phone.
5. On your Android phone head over to Settings, then Sounds and select Phone ringtone option.
6. Once there, you can scroll and select your ringtone.
That is how you can set your own ringtone on your Android Device !